Please follow the guidelines for submissions and book review requests below:
- Send ALL submissions , including requests for book reviews to email@example.com, and address the appropriate editor(s):
- Michelle Messina Reale , Managing Editor: general requests, queries, fiction, creative nonfiction, memoir, art, etc.
- Chad Frame, Poetry Editor: poetry
- Stephanie Longo, Book Reviews Editor
***We are a small staff and we cannot, under any circumstances, promise that your book will be reviewed or when, though we make our best effort.
- Please proofread. Work not properly proofread may be rejected.
- Please submit to only one genre at a time.
- Themes do not need to be Italian-American in nature, but authors must be!
- All work must be original and unpublished.
- We will accept poetry (up to 5 poems at a time) short or flash fiction, memoir and other non-fiction pieces. We will not consider works over 5,000 words.
- ***We cannot consider work that contains special formatting at this time.***
- To accompany your piece, we are happy to consider a photograph or a work of art that you have the rights to.
- We will not consider work that is racist, homophobic or otherwise demeaning or abusive to any group or person.
- We are unable to make changes other than mistakes in editing to a piece once it is published.
- Paste your work into the body of an email.
- Please include a short third person bio (75 words or under).
- Let us know something about your Italian-American heritage.
- We aim to respond to your submission within 5 days or sooner.
- All rights revert to the author upon publication.
- Work sent that does not adhere to these guidelines may not be considered for publication.
- Please report your submission to Duotrope!